"Poetry is thoughts that breathe, and words that burn." ~Thomas Gray

"Poetry unites." ~Anon

"Truth is such a rare thing, it is delightful to tell it." ~Emily Dickinson


Written by Pris Campbell
She lives in the Greater West Palm Beach, Florida, USA.
Her website: Poetic Inspirations

Originally published in Walt's Corner
(New York newspaper column by George Wallace).
Inspired by a photo titled: Crash by Elena Retfalvi.

Storm in Africa

You wrote daily
from Africa.

The wind in your words
swept me to spaces
sown by wild orchids,
stalked by lean lions.

But a new love captured,
carried you down
fresh pathways, lay
beside you when wolves
prowled in the night.

Our storm now peaked
and passed, I am a leaf,
tumbling,
with no memory
left of its home.

Posted with consent from the writer.

8 Comments:

  1. Pris said...
    Thank you for posting my poem. I'm really enjoying your blog and just put a link up to this entry on my own blog.
    Every Photo Tells A Story said...
    It was my pleasure, Pris:)
    Gordon Mason said...
    Interesting take on lost love, from the heat of passion to the autumn shedding of attachment.
    RachelW said...
    Amazing... I felt myself tumbling along with the words. This really touched a nerve in me.
    Anonymous said...
    I agree. Great. Chinkle.
    Collin Kelley said...
    Lovely poem, Pris.
    Opaque said...
    Staggering!!!
    Crafty Green Poet said...
    very vivid,

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home



Note: All written material is copyrighted by the individual writer and/or blog author, and may not be used without written consent. Copyright © Breathing Poetry 2009. All Rights Reserved.

"Poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words." ~Robert Frost

I thank you for visiting, Breathing Poetry.
~"May love and laughter light your days!"


Breathing Poetry: A Collection of Words and Emotions
Poetry Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory